Saturday, May 27, 2017

SoSS #85 - B is for Beach


Greetings crafty pals! 

Thanks for coming by today to check out the latest challenge from the SISTERHOOD OF SNARKY STAMPERS.

Looks like Miss Edna is ready for some warmer weather and a trip to the seaside and she'd very much like you to join her and the sisterhood at the beach.

I don't have much beach / summer stuff in my crafty stash, but I did remember some chipboard pieces from an old card kit (thankfully).

I wanted my card to have a "sand in your shorts" kind of feel so I started by spritzing the card base and layer with my Soft Suede marker.

Then I used the stencil to create what I hope kind of looks like a sun?? 

I think I will send this card to my bestie who has a birthday in June. As teenieboppers we used to ride our bikes down to the other end of town to lay on the beach, listen to tunes and invariably suffer very bad sunburns...ahhhhh...good times!!


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Kraft cardstock (Recollections)
  • Rays stencil (Tim Holtz)
  • Carved Pumpkin & Squeezed Lemonade distress ink (Tim Holtz)
  • Mini ink blender tool (Tim Holtz)
  • Water spritzer (SU)
  • Soft Suede marker (SU)
  • Marker spritzer (SU)
  • Summer Vibes chipboard stickers (Simple Stories)
As always, we would love for you to play along with us!

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG

While you are there please share some crafty loves with the rest of the sisterhood and our Queen!

4 comments:

ike said...

Super fab card :-)

Barbara Godden said...

what a fun beachy card!!!

Lindsey said...

Your stencilled and spritzed background is awesome, Donna! And the chipboard *bits* are perfect.

Jane Willis said...

That sunshine background really sizzles. I'm sure it will bring back a lot of great memories for your friend
Jane