Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Shopping Our Stash #313 - Butterflies, Bees and Bugs


Greetings crafty pals!

Thanks for stopping by today to check out the latest challenge from the SHOPPING OUR STASH crew!

Our theme this week is Butterflies, Bees and Bugs (and other insects)

I have made a bunch of butterfly cards recently, so I wanted to go with something different for the challenge.

I love love love the wee bee in the "Gnome Sweet Gnome" stamp set by Lawn Fawn, it's just so cute and comes with another stamp for its flight path.

This turned out to be one of those CAS cards where the C turned into COMPLICATED lol

Initially I had cut the hello out of the yellow paper and layered it on top, but then I thought, hey, that would look better if I cut it out of the white layer so you can see the yellow from the underneath layer.

So that's what I did. And it looked funny. And it stumped me. I couldn't figure out why it looked funny.

Ahhhhhhhh that's why, I need to add back in the little parts that I had poked out from the centre of the letters and tossed in the recycle bin! With those added back it, it looked more like hello again.


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Crushed Curry cardstock (SU)
  • Gnome Sweet Gnome stamp set (Lawn Fawn)
  • Hello die (Lawn Fawn)
  • Crushed Curry marker (SU)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
As always, we would love for you to play along with us.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SHOPPING OUR STASH BLOG

While you are there, please share some crafty loves with the rest of the crew!

3 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh the fun we have while creating lol. Fabulous card love the yellow and so matches the adorable bee.

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooooooh that's cuuuuuuuuuuuute! that bee is just so adorable! <3

Carol L said...

That really is a fun little bee and I love this cute cute card!