Saturday, January 13, 2018

SoSS #101 - T is for Technique


Greetings friends!!

Happy new year from Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

We are starting off the new year with T is for Technique - try something new to you or an show us an old faithful.

Be sure to tell us what your technique is and how you did it!!

I used an ACRYLIC BATIK technique, which not only have I never done, I've never even heard of it before!! 

You can find a tutorial HERE

Basically you heat emboss a background with clear emboss powder, then drip / drizzle paints over it and then scrape them off.

It made a good mess which was fun, but I found my three colours just mooshed together rather then getting the different colours like in the tutorial....ah well...was still fun to try and I hadn't used that big background stamp in ages!


Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Print Pattern background stamp (SU)
  • Clear emboss powder (Ranger)
  • Heat gun (Marvy)
  • Versamark ink
  • Broken China, Seedless Preserves and Spun Sugar distress paints (Tim Holtz)
  • Wondering Midge and sentiment stamps (Riley & Co.)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
As always we would love for you to join the sisterhood and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG.

While you are there please leave some crafty loves and comments for our reigning queen and the rest of the sisterhood!

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Not heard of that technique, Donna, but I love the effect! Nicely snarky sentiment too, Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Oh it sounds like the messy technique I need to try, thanks for the link. Fabulous card, love it and it's "our" favourite colour.

Jane Willis said...

Super card - I've done a batik technique before that works a similar way, but you use water based inks and when it's dry, iron it between sheets of absorbent paper until all the embossing has melted away.

Lindsey said...

Ooh, I like this background! May have to try this technique, if I can stop using the new one I discovered for this challenge! ;) And of course Midge and her sentiment are perfect.

Chris Dring said...

That background looks so cool! I think I may have to try that technique out too. LOL! The sentiment along with Midge is perfection, of course!