Saturday, August 19, 2017

SoSS #91 - W is for Wedding


Greetings snarky pals!!

Thanks for stopping by today to check out the latest challenge from Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

I am not entirely convinced that Edna is excited about her pending nuptials. She looks a bit blue perhaps?? And that ball and chain can't be helping much.

Nevertheless, to help her celebrate, Edna has deemed the sisterhood make wedding themed cards. Could be something old, something new, something borrowed or something blue (or all of those if you are really good).

I went with something old. Like an old card kit that was just sitting there with all it's pretty papers, waiting to be used (hmmmmmm and Edna analogy perhaps??).

I have a (male) cousin who recently got engaged. Wedding cards are usually so girly, so I was inspired to make a more "manly" wedding card.

Perhaps our friend Walter here could be Edna's beloved?? Hmmmm I am not sure, he seems a bit bossy. The alpha stickers didn't have a question mark, so his "Marry Me" is more of a demand than a question. I don't think our Edna will have any of that!



Shite I used to make this card:

  • White cardstock (Fireworx)
  • Walter stamp (Riley & Co)
  • We Are Family design paper and alpha stickers (Echo Park)
  • Fishtail / Banner die set (Your Next Stamp)
  • Tuxedo Black ink (Memento)
  • 2 1/2" circle punch (SU)
And no, I know you are wondering, I didn't put that layer with the banners on upside down...although yes, I did try it the other way round and liked it better with the banners coming up from the bottom.

As always, we would love for you to get hitched to the sisterhood and play along.

You can find all the details for the challenge on the SoSS BLOG

While you are there, please share some crafty loves and comments with our reigning queen and the rest of the sisterhood!

6 comments:

ike said...

Fabulous - love the colours :-) xxx

Dotty Jo said...

Love this, great colours! Jo x

Barbara Godden said...

Great job!!! great design too.

Lindsey said...

Yep, banners from the bottom is so you. :P This is awesomesauce!

Jane Willis said...

Love, love, love it - the colours, the papers, the layout, the bossy-boots snark! My potty-mouthed mind thought you'd put the banners pointing up because well, men and things pointing upwards...
Jane

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

What a vibrant card, so fun. I agree with the banners, but now I'm laughing at what Jane said!